Philanthropist and Advocate for Mental illness and addiction patients
Since January 2006, Dr. Hamdy El-Rayes established El-Rayes Foundation, a registered charity. Its H.R. Mental Wellness Centre has served thousands of British Columbians who struggle with mental illness and addictions. El-Rayes Foundation also offered support for children in Egypt to enable them go to school instead of being forced into child labor.
In the past 13 years, through his charity, H.R. Mental Wellness Centre, He:
- Helped facilitate healing of thousands of British Columbians who struggled with mental illness and addictions;
- Wrote and published a book titled, Mental Wellness: A Spiritual Journey, which has filled a gap in therapy of mental illness and helped thousands of patients around the globe.
Advocate for protecting the environment—as environmental consultant and university educator in Canada & the USA for three decades.
Before turning to mental health and addictions,for more than three decades, Dr. El-Rayes was an advocate for environmental protection and sustainability for businesses and municipalities in North America including Metro Vancouver, Los Angeles Sanitation District, City of Las Cruces, and City of Albuquerque.
- Registered Professional Engineer in British Columbia.
- Worked as a university educator at BCIT where he taught and help develop its environmental engineering graduate program
- Worked as Director of the pollution prevention Institute at Kansas State University.
- Owned and operated his consulting firm, El-Rayes Environmental Corp., which served businesses and governments (local, provincial/state, federal) in Canada and the USA and led environmental projects for BC Environment, Environment Canada, and many states in the USA.
- Served as a Business and Community Manager at Metro Vancouver;
- Worked on projects for several states including the State of Kansas, Georgia, and as a senior project at Los Angeles County Sanitation District;
- Has extensive experience with environmental regulations in both the USA and Canada; interacted with regulatory agencies in both the USA and Canada on behalf of clients, to address permit requirements issues;
- Prepared codes of practice for several industries in Canada and the USA.
- Promoted sustainability to businesses and cities in North America in order to raise awareness of the benefits associated with implementing sustainability measures;
- Developed resource materials, tools, and guides for industry professionals to understand and utilize sustainability practices.